While quality control in manufacturing may seem like a service or solution that should be standard practice across the industry, it, unfortunately, is not. What does quality control mean from an engineering standpoint at H. Loeb Corporation? We integrate an attitude of quality in our daily work and continuously challenge ourselves to improve the quality management system that we have set in place. We follow a rigorous process to ensure that our customers get a product that meets or exceeds their expectations as well as get the documentation needed for future manufacturing runs.
What’s the Quality Control Process Look Like?
- Receiving: Once the raw material is received it goes through an inspection process and is then checked against the shipping and order slip.
- First Article Inspection (FAI): The FAI is typically completed in a purchase order contract. Both the customer and H. Loeb will perform the FAI to ensure that the production process reliably produces what is intended and that the product meets the design control requirements.
- Full Production Parts and Approval Process: We make parts from start to finish (specifically for high volume orders) to test for consistency. The benefit of this process is that we qualify the parts and create documentation that can be followed for part consistency, regardless of who is making the part or when. This is often done for customers with mass production runs, such as the automotive industry or for military projects.
- In-Process Inspection: This is an internal inspection process that checks the piece or part as well as the production for consistency.
- Final Inspection: This is a full-dimensional check of the piece or part based on the customer requirements and the critical dimensions from the final drawing.
- Reporting: Our in-house team produces an annual report and it follows ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance requirements.
- Engineering Change Order (ECO): Whether it’s one part or a million, any change, procedure, or use tooling a customer wants to make over the years, we can document that change properly for future manufacturing runs.
What Sets Us Apart
At H. Loeb, quality is the responsibility of every employee within our company. Employees are trained to improve their skill sets and operate the machines used for testing and quality control. We also guarantee pure traceability in the manufacturing and testing process, from the original customer purchase order down to which operator built the part. It is our collective goal to not only maintain consistent quality but to continually improve upon the products and services we provide to our customers. We do this by adhering to 5S methodology in our daily process. To learn more about the quality assurance process contact our team.
“H. Loeb Corporation is committed to providing products and services that meet or exceed all customer requirements and applicable standards and specifications.”